Unique-Visa-Services Logo

Skilled Worker Visa (Formally Tier T2 General)

Skilled Worker Visa

The Skilled Worker Visa, provided by UVSUK, is a way for talented individuals from foreign countries to work in the UK. It takes the place of the older Tier 2 (general) visa. To apply, you must score enough points on the Home Office’s system. Here’s how you can qualify:

  • Have a job offer from a licensed sponsor
  • Obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • Have a job that’s on the eligible occupations list
  • Earn at least £26,200 or the ‘going rate’ for your job (lower salary requirements may apply in certain situations)
  • Meet English language standards.

You can stay for up to 5 years on this visa, and later apply to extend or even gain permanent settlement in the UK.

Scale Up Visa

Starting 22nd August 2022, the Scale Up Visa is for foreign nationals who have high skills or qualifications, and are sponsored by a UK company in its growth phase. UVSUK expects two options: sponsored and unsponsored. Requirements include:

  • High skill level or “academically elite” status
  • A Certificate of Sponsorship for the first application; no need if you’ve had permission before
  • A highly skilled job offer from a Scale-Up company
  • A salary of £33,000 or more
  • Enough English language knowledge

The Scale Up visa is renewable and can lead to permanent settlement after 5 years.

Temporary Worker Visa

UVSUK also offers Temporary Worker Visas, letting foreign nationals work in the UK for short periods. The types include:

  • Charity Worker Visa
  • Creative Worker Visa
  • Government Authorised Exchange Visa
  • International Agreement Visa
  • Religious Worker Visa
  • Seasonal Worker Visa

These last between 3 months to 2 years, depending on your choice. You must be 18 or older, have a job offer, a CoS from a licensed sponsor, and at least £1,270. Though you can’t take a permanent role or directly settle, you may switch to a different type like the Skilled Worker Visa.

shape 04 2

Highly Recommended by 100s of Clients!

How to Get a Work Permit Without a Job Offer?

UVSUK makes it possible to get a work visa without a job offer through visas like:

  • High Potential Individual Visa
  • Graduate Visa
  • Global Talent Visa

Graduate Visa

This visa is for foreign nationals who completed a degree in the UK, allowing a 2 or 3-year stay. It doesn’t lead to extension or settlement, but you can switch to another type.

Looking For a Professional Visa Company?

UK Ancestry Visa

UVSUK’s UK Ancestry Visa is for certain citizens with a UK-born grandparent. It allows a 5-year stay and may lead to permanent residency. Requirements include being 17 or over, applying from outside the UK, intending to work in the UK, and having sufficient funds.

Other Visas

UVSUK also provides:

  • British National (Overseas) Visa
  • Youth Mobility Scheme Visa

Unique Visa Services (UVSUK) is dedicated to making the process of obtaining a UK visa simple and clear for everyone. For more information on any of the visas mentioned above, please contact us at UVSUK, and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Have A Question?

shape 04 2

Please Select Office

We operate out of two distinguished offices in the UK. Kindly choose the one you prefer to initiate your call.