Ghana Visa Services
EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VISAS FOR GHANA.
Ghana is a country in West Africa, situated by the Gulf of Guinea and the Atlantic Ocean. If you’re a UK resident, you’ll need a visa to visit Ghana, no matter your reason—be it tourism, business, or education.
To get a Ghana visa, you can apply through the Ghana High Commission in London. Or, you can choose to use our comprehensive visa service for your application process. The Embassy in London takes visa requests only if you’ve booked an appointment beforehand. Usually, it takes about 4-5 days to get an appointment slot.
Different Kinds of Visas
The Ghana High Commission in the UK generally offers Tourist and Business Visas. However, there are other visa types like transit and student visas, depending on your reason for visiting Ghana. We explain all visa requirements in detail further below.
For leisure activities like sightseeing, vacations, or visiting family and friends in Ghana, you’ll need a tourist visa. These are available as single or multiple entry visas. A single-entry lasts 3 to 6 months, while a multiple entry visa lasts 1 to 2 years. Each visa gives you up to a 90-day stay limit.
Note: You’re only eligible for a multiple entry visa if you’ve had one or two Ghana visas in past years.
To apply for this visa, you’ll require:
- A fully filled out online application form, which you should print and sign.
- Your original, valid passport with at least 6 months remaining from your entry date into Ghana and a blank page for visa stamping.
- Two recent passport-sized photos with a white background.
- Round-trip flight details.
- Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination.
- Confirmed hotel booking details.
- For those below 18 years, a birth certificate and a signed letter of consent from parents or guardians.
A Business Visa is necessary for commercial and trade-related trips to Ghana. The visa offers a 3 to 6-month single entry or a 1 to 2-year multiple entry, with a maximum 90-day stay.
Note: Multiple entry eligibility is similar to that of tourist visas.
To apply, you’ll need:
- A completed online application form, printed and signed.
- An original, valid passport.
- Two recent photos with a white background.
- Yellow Fever vaccination proof.
- A business introduction letter from your UK-based company.
- An invitation letter from your business contact in Ghana.
This is needed if you’re flying through Ghana to another destination. It lasts for 3 days. If you’re only transiting without exiting the airport, no visa is required.
For this visa, requirements are similar to the tourist and business visas.
A student visa is for those who’ve been accepted by a certified educational institution in Ghana. Requirements are similar to other visa types, with added proof of school fees payment and accommodation arrangements.
For UK residents, Ghana visa fees range from £60 for a single entry to £280 for a two-year multiple entry.
Visa Processing Time
Expect 3 days for express and 10 days for regular services.
Looking For a Professional Visa Company?
Ghana accepts dual citizenship. If you qualify, you’ll need to register in Ghana for a Dual Nationality card.
If you’re a permanent resident, you’ll need to register for a non-citizen Ghana card with the National Identification Authority (NIA).
For volunteering, consult the Ghana Commission in London to acquire the necessary visa.
UK Emergency Travel Documents
These cannot be used for entry into Ghana but can be used to exit the country.
Questions unanswered? Contact our experts for further assistance. We also assist with China, India, and Saudi Arabia visa applications.